Monday, August 10, 2009

Construction Starts!!

Today is the first day of construction for "The Cup" which is the first of the two restaurants being built for us in City Center. The Cup is a "green" approach to a coffee shop with an emphasis on sourcing our coffee from sustainable coffee growers as well as biodegradable products. World News Kaffee is our second restaurant and I will get into that later.

My menu for the cup is fairly simple with fresh bagels,pastries,sandwich's/wraps & salads. The cup is a true QSR (quick service restaurant) with volume being the key to business! We estimate we will need a staff of twelve to run this 7 days a week being open 16 hours. All the sandwiches and salads will be pre-made with dressings & condiments on the side. The plates we are using are quite unique in they are made from corn leaves! www.verterra.com These plates are %100 biodegradable and we will be the first in Las Vegas to use them!

It has taken us 14 months of planning to get to this point! Now that the construction has actually started is a true relief for us! Up until this point I have been in charge of everything from equipment decisions,menu design,kitchen layout,SOP's (standard operating procedures) and establishing relationships with all vendors! I am not complaing just going though some of what is expected from a chef when you are in charge! As I write more I will explain as much as I can about the everyday life and decisions I (wheather good or bad) I must make to get these restaurants off the ground and running.

No comments: