Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our First Construction Delay..

Well, it's official! Our first construction delay will be for The World News Kaffee! The Cup will still open December 4Th 2009 as planned however the third floor of "The Crystals" in City Center is not complete so we are now given an additional 6 months to open. Construction on the Kaffee will resume in February.

So, is this a good time to tell you about The World News Kaffee?

The concept itself is a classic "European Bistro" serving "The Worlds Best Coffee & Tea" in a classic setting. It is 3,983sf with a full bar,deli & kitchen. Seating 80 for full table service with 20 at the bar and 70 addition seats outside the restaurant. We are on the third floor of The Crystals Mall situated at the entrance and exit of the "People Mover" which is a cable car system that not only goes between all the properties in city center but connects to the Bellagio Hotel & Monte Carlo as well. Next to us is a nightclub (38,000sf) that is currently empty but the R&D has been done and they will open around the same time as us.

The menu is all European comfort food such as:Crepes,Steak Steak Frites, Roast Chicken in a Pot, Penni sands, Great soups,Artisan cheese & Charcuterie, Croque masseur (the world best ham & cheese sand)& great salads all combining to create a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. One piece of advice I took from a pretty well known french chef was to take ALL the French & Italian names off the menu and make sure everything is in simple English so my guests will not be confused. Based on personal experience I have found most people don't like to be embarrassed about pronunciation's so I agreed with the chef!

Our wine list is being hammered out as I write this and as you get to know me I have no problem going to wine tastings! I am focused on varietals vs. regions. Pairing with my food is paramount as well. What is interesting is the amount of coffee & tea
tastings I have done and am planning to go too! Did you know coffee has Terroir?? Neither did I!

With coffee being our focus I made the menu simple but delicious, let me know you're favorite european comfort food and maybe I will put it on the menu and give it a try!

Did I mention we will be open 24hrs as well! More on that later....

1 comment:

Little Ms Blogger said...

The menu sounds very yummy and have to admit, all I heard about from my sister after her visit to Paris was about the incredible crepes.

I don't know why, but it is hard to find crepes in the US.