Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Making a Decision on Point Of Sale Systems! (POS)

This is the week to decide on our POS system for both restaurants. Boring stuff...trust me!

Infogenisus-Agilysys,MICROS,Aloha are just a few of the 2 dozen or so systems my general mgr. and I have looked at. Infogenisis is by far the most expensive however Las Vegas is there biggest market and MICRO's is the largest in the world but there service in Las Vegas is not that well regarded. Aloha seems outdated and slow with little of no ability to change the menu quickly!

My requirements are these: Ease of use,Can I change my menu quickly,Price & WHEN it crashes do I have a back-up to run my numbers? This all seems so simple to me however I am not the expert!
One thing that I stress to my team is I do not want to purchase a system that has no "physical" support. In other words I do not trust companies to fix my POS when it crashes over the web! Out of the dozens of companies out there only a few offer local technical support which eliminates the majority of them. I am also looking for BOH (Back of House) applications that can help with labor,food & inventory costs that can attach in some way to my POS system.

Am I asking for too much?

Everyone is telling me they are "The Best" and then they all go on to trash each other which I find tiresome and no-productive! I came across the same thing while searching for equipment and it did not impress me then either.

Today I get the final bid from Infogenisus and I have a sneaking suspicion it is astronomically higher than everyone else but we will see.

Any advice out there? Anyone been through this? Keep in mind I am still looking at POS systems so if you know of one send them my way!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

check out cheftech

-Aaron Lhamon
BA culinary NECI